Do you know any of the causes of panic attacks?
One Sunday, a few years ago, I developed an excruciating pain that began to pulse up and down my left arm. I began to get very excited about it because I was only 41 years old at the time.
I called a medical helpline for advice and was advised to go the emergency ward as soon as possible. Upon doing so, I was hooked to many machines and had lots of medical professionals buzzing around trying to determine if I was going to live or die. To say I was scared would be an understatement.
In the end, I was sent home with normal scans, normal blood pressure, normal heart rate and normal oxygen levels. They said it was probably “stress.”
How do you spell R-E-L-I-E-F?
Since then I have learned a lot more about the topics of stress, panic and anxiety and I’ve learned there are at least 57 different pains and sensations that can occur in the body that can make you feel like you are having a heart attack or stroke.
All 57 are Thought to be Caused by Panic, Anxiety and Stress.
The following is a partial list of the underlying conditions that could lead to panic attacks:
- Substance-induced anxiety disorder
- Social phobia
- Specific phobias/fears
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Separation anxiety disorder
- Adjustment disorder
- Hyperventilation – panic attack
- Myoclonic dystonia – panic attacks
- Chemical poisoning
- Inborn amino acid metabolism disorder
- Rhett’s syndrome
- Marijuana abuse/overdose
- Ecstasy withdrawal
- Narcotic drug abuse/overdose
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
The Causes of Panic Attacks are Preventable
Recently, I developed a slide show about helping kids conquer stress for life and as a part of this program, I shared my 6E formula for this purpose. The reality is, however that adults can also benefit from these six strategies.
They are as follows:
- You have to understand the ENDOCRINE SYSTEM, where most stress responses happens in the body. That way you can learn how to leverage the different hormones to your advantage.
- You must ENGAGE with your children all the time, so you know about the stress in their lives and then you will know which hormones must be increased and which ones need to be decreased. Awareness is the major key to moving out of surviving and into thriving.
- You have to become an EFT MASTER so you can help your child use the blended stress therapy of energy-meridian tapping and positive affirmations to deal with stressful events in a timely fashion. This prevents unresolved emotions from being repressed and stored in the central nervous system.
- Use EXERCISE to help your children can burn off extra Cortisol and get back to the normal state called homeostasis much faster.
- Then, we have EDUCATION where you teach your child how to learn from the stressful events they experienced; thereby allowing them to gain momentum on the path to thriving instead of just surviving all the time.
- Finally, we have EMPOWERMENT where you give your child repeated opportunities to build character and leadership skills so they can develop rock solid self-confidence and become a Formula 1 race car driver in their own lives, allowing them be plagued far less by the causes of panic attacks.